Clear Up Loose Ends to Move Forwards…
If you’re on a special quest to find out exactly how to be properly held back in your pursuit of happiness, look no further! There’s something you can do to guarantee first class results for your efforts.
Ready? Here goes…
Leave a ton of stuff undone! Do this and be sure you’ll remain firmly attached to that extra thick, extra strong length of elastic fixing you securely to the past and successfully and efficiently keeping you from any form of future success. Quiet mind? Forget it!
Stuff like what?
Stuff like… anything that’ll greedily gnaw away at your mind and mentality. Those things that pop into your mind each day and remind you that you’re slack, lazy and inept. Those little thoughts and internal murmurs that follow and cause that sudden, random sinking feeling we all sometimes get. It’s like a tiny bird, relentlessly pecking at your head, over and over again in the exact same place. It doesn’t hurt loads at first, it’s the sheer repetitiveness and persistence with which it slowly but surely takes you down. It’s a brilliant and subtle form of repetitive torture treatment which leaves you inevitably tearing out your hair… and no one likes a bald neurotic!
These delightful little nightmares come in loads of different forms as well. Think small and big. Think internal and external. Think physical and mental. They all work cleverly together to rob you of your focus and motivation. Some examples are:
- A faulty doorknob in your home you keep meaning to fix
- An apology you know you want to make
- Someone you’re putting off calling
- A goal you set yourself that you’re not working on
- That thing you promised yourself you’d see the doctor about
- The weight loss target you set that’s spitefully choosing not to meet you halfway
- The email that requires a response
- A form you need to fill in
- Resentment you’re holding onto
- Old thought patterns that need attending to
- Bad debt hanging over you
I could go on and on… but you get it, so I won’t.
Once you’ve wrapped up all these crappy, attention stealing, energy draining tasks… and only then, you can start to properly build on what you have in the present and sculpt a better future for yourself – one that involves more fun for a start, and a significant reduction in stress and boredom. And you can now do so with laser-like focus.
Disregarding this wonderful (and might I add, free) advice will help you to
- lack focus
- feel you can’t take on anything new
- think less of yourself
- convince yourself that you’re not a ‘do-er’
- lose mental clarity and become scatty in your thinking
- acquire short term memory problems
- witness your temper thinning like your torn out hair
- earn an embarrassingly shortened attention span similar to that of a thick fish
Which lead to incidents and issues such as:
- unnecessary arguments
- problems at work
- problems with relationships
- (dangerously) low self-esteem
- serious lack of motivation
… and so on.
Physically, you’ll no doubt be the proud owner of a depleted immune system as well! Result!
Grab a sheet of paper or the electronic equivalent, write at the top ‘loose ends to clear up’ then, well… write, do and enjoy having done.
What will you do with your new found motivation? I feel another list coming on!